PO Box 8024
Jackson, MS 39284
3810 Robinson ST
Jackson, MS 39209
View hours ↓
Monday . . . . 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Tuesday . . . . 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Wednesday . 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Thursday . . . .9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday . . . . . . CLOSED
Mandatory Clergy Ethics Training
July 06 2020
Mandatory Clergy Ethics Training
Now Available Online...
“Do No Harm.” is the first mandate of John Wesley’s Simple Rules. Clergy’s chief responsibility in fulfilling this responsibility is to prepare, educate and consistently recommit themselves to healthy ministries that protect those they are blessed to serve.
As part of their covenant relationship, all active clergy are required to participate in ethics training every four years to remain in good standing and to be eligible for appointed ministry. The Board of Ordained Ministry (BOOM) and the Mississippi Conference Cabinet have approved an online Ethics Training Platform for 2020 through CongregationU.
Clergy are encouraged to embrace the ethics training, work through the material thoughtfully, and receive this learning experience as an opportunity to express the commitment to excellence in ministry.
December 31, 2020 is the deadline for all active clergy to complete Ethics training and provide documentation to both the district office and the office of spiritual leadership.
The cost of this training is $22. Clergy who do not master the material must repeat the course for an additional $22.
TO COMPLETE CLERGY 2020 ETHICS TRAINING:
- Go to the website, https://congregationu.com and click on “Get Started” in the dropdown at the top right hand corner of the page where you will be able to create your account;
- On the Account Information page, please select “Individual” for the first question, “Account For,” then continue to complete the requested information. Please make note of the Username and Password you have just created. Note: you must check the box by "I have read and agree with the Terms of Service to see the "Create Account" button.
- Click “Create Account”
- The next screen you can purchase the course that you will need by checking the box, "Clergy and Ministerial Ethics.” Then click “Add to Cart”
- The cart will display the course selected so that you have one more opportunity to Remove or Add additional courses before proceeding to the payment screen, then click “Checkout.”
- Check the Payment Option that you will use to purchase your course. If paying by credit card, after you select Credit Card (Pay Online) you will see the fields to enter your credit card information. Please also complete the Billing Information. When the fields are completed select “Complete Checkout”
- If you have paid with a credit card, you will have immediate access to your course. If you are submitting payment by sending a check, then your course will be active as soon as payment is received and processed in your CongregationU account. CongregationU staff will notify you when the course is live so that you can log into your CongregationU account and complete the training.
- There is also a tutorial that you will see in your account that you can review for further tips on completing your training.
- Click on “My Courses” to start the training. When you’ve completed the course, you will have the option to print or email the certificate.
- Print a copy of your certificate for your own information and place a copy in your employee file with your local church or ministry setting.
- Choose to email your certificate to your district email and email@example.com.
- Again, please retain a printed copy for your records and to provide, if needed in case there are email issues.
Registration information for the written assessment will be released by annual conference in June.