PO Box 8024
Jackson, MS 39284
3810 Robinson ST
Jackson, MS 39209
View hours ↓
Monday . . . . 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Tuesday . . . . 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Wednesday . 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Thursday . . . .9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday . . . . . . CLOSED
Continue the Conversation with Bishop Swanson, August 28
August 08 2019
All clergy are invited to meet with Bishop James E. Swanson, Sr. on Wednesday, August 28 from 2-4 p.m. at Van Winkle United Methodist Church, 3810 Robinson Street in Jackson.
This clergy-only gathering is a continuation of the conversations and community building begun during the clergy-only meeting in February and at the clergy session of the annual conference. During this meeting with the Bishop we will hear some of his reflections on his recent trip to England. During this Wesley Heritage Tour, he began to understand more clearly John Wesley's approach to pastoral ministry, the driving influences in his life and how strongly he was driven by community, purpose and relationships. The Bishop will also hear from clergy about their passions and what is burning inside of them.
Clergy who are not able to participate in the West Jackson District meeting are to attend a clergy-only meeting in another district. Please talk with the district superintendent and let him know which meeting you will attend.
To help the Bishop be as responsive as possible to clergy needs and desires at these gatherings, please complete a two minute, three-question survey by clicking here.
- August 12-15-Dr. Cook will attend Mississippi Annual Conference Leadership Team and Appointive/Extended Cabinet meetings.
- August 19-20-Dr. Cook will attend the 3L Academy at the Hilton Hotel.
- August 21-Dr. Cook will attend planning meeting for Lay Servant Ministries School and Local Church Officers Training at Ridgeland: First United Methodist Church.
- August 22-Dr. Cook will attend Mission Team meeting at Van Winkle UMC.
- August 27-Dr. Cook will attend Mission MS Executive Committee meeting.
- August 28-Dr. Cook will attend Clergy Only meeting at Van Winkle. Bishop Swanson will lead the meeting in community building, sharing reflections on his recent trip to England, and listening to passions of clergy and what is burning inside of them.